Going Deeper – Body, Mind, Heart, Spirit
We humans are made up of four parts – body, mind, heart, spirit. When these four parts are working well together, we are physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually healthy. Not only healthy – but happy and successful.
Your “bodies” are all exactly the same, under our skins. No different at all. You all have the identical physical arrangements inside. Only your skin, hair, height, size, eyes, smiles, and what you can see, are different. But inside we’re all physically exactly the same.
Your “mind” is the seat of consciousness, thinking, ideas, intellectual power, decisions and mental processes. It’s not the actual physical brain, but related to it. It’s the front door to your life, where change and progress is made. You get ideas and decide things firstly in your mind.
Your “heart” (not the physical muscle that pumps blood round the body) is responsible for your emotional life – that means your feelings. You feel things first in your hearts, then your body shows the sign of those feelings – fear, joy, happiness, anxiety, love, kindness, hate, anger, confidence, shyness, more.
Your “spirit” is the essential innermost part of your self that makes you unique. You’re the only one of you. This amazing spirit was inside you at birth, or rather at conception, waiting to enliven you. Spirit is also called soul, wellspring, Chi, higher self, energy, mauri, essence. When your spirit is respected, nourished, listened to, and followed, along with your heart, mind and body – you will be living your best life.
The Four Parts must work as a team. One sick part affects the other three.
- Your mind and emotions work together to make up emotional intelligence. Your inner spirit is your unique lifeforce. Your body simply carries the rest of you around, like a framework.
- You sure need to keep it fit and healthy, but your body is not more important than what else is inside you – heart, mind, and spirit. If you only care about one part, eg your body, and become a fitness and food fanatic or sports champion, but don’t listen to your heart, mind, and spirit, – sooner or later you’ll fall apart.
- You need to be that whole Team – Body, Mind, Heart, Spirit. If not, there can be serious consequences – stress, family breakdown, depression, mental health issues, suicide, body image / eating disorders, bullying, misuse of drugs / alcohol, more. These apply to both adults and youth equally. Sad, but true.
- Pointers to your own health, success and happiness.
What you think about most, you will become. Thoughts have either positive or negative outcomes. The power of both is great – but positive forces lift you up; negative forces drag you down, really fast. When you realise you’re amongst negative people – walk away; even better – run!
Mental attitude influences your health and wellness.
- Progress and change starts in your mind. It’s called Mind Power. Learn how to be in charge of you, by what you allow into your mind.
- Be open to new people, new ideas, new thoughts, new situations. They’ll stimulate your thinking.
- Thinking is the key to personal power.
- Self-knowledge leads to self-confidence.
- Self-confidence is the cornerstone for a successful life. Build your self-confidence, lifelong.
PERSONAL POWER PRINCIPLES
All growth and learning starts in the mind. Yours. So work towards an empowered automatic attitudinal mind-set. Don’t be a victim of your own mind.
1. “Yes, in my mind I can see there are choices for me.
2. “Yes, I believe, wholistically (heart, mind, body, spirit) that I could / can move forward in my life.
3. Yes, I know how to achieve my own success and happiness, via ongoing life-learning. I will make that choice for myself, now.
“There are no such things as problems – only decisions waiting to be taken – by me”.